November 6, 2008

NEWS: CNN goes 'Star Trek'

CNN was the choice for election coverage this year, whether it be because of Anderson Cooper's charisma or their cool technological gadgets.

CNN became famous originally for their interactive board that could zoom into states with a single touch, then could pull up elections stats for regions and then quickly back to the national picture to show which states were turning blue or red.

Viewers became fascinated during presidential debates while CNN used undecided voters to create an ongoing reaction bar while the candidates spoke.

Then they topped it all. CNN created something we haven't seen since Star Wars in 1977, an interactive hologram. Using multiple HD cameras, CNN created a live hologram picture of a person and put them in the studio. Check it out:



It serves no purpose besides the fact that it's awesome.

The hologram leaves me with one question: what's next for the 2010 and 2012 elections?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

infotainment

Lee said...

On election night, I was toiling away on my math homework with CNN on the television...when I looked up to see Cooper interviewing a freakin' hologram. It blew my mind.

Aaron said...

Me too! I couldn't believe it was actually a hologram on my tv