September 15, 2008

POLITICS: What IF firefighters ran the world?

ATHENS

As I was watching the Bungals play football yesterday, I came across a commercial from Sprint. It has firefighters in Congress on their phones taking vote on various issues. 

The Budget: All in favor clean water?    I!... done

Streets? Need new streets?    I!... done

If only Washington ran this smooth. 

Maybe we should elect our local fire chief, send them to Washington with a direct connect phone and let them get things done. I've always wanted to be a politics columnist, but the fact that politics is nothing more than a mere game in Washington has scared me away from ambitions.

Associating yourself with the dirty 'P' word gives an image of being a sly, corrupt, old white man with money. I've always wondered what goes on in that white building because seldom do I see results. Even when something does get accomplished, it usually takes years because of the convoluted corn maze Washington has become.

So my vote this year goes to Dan Shroyer, Springdale fire chief. 

Vote for change! Shroyer 08! He's a firefighter, he'll get things done!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

spell check. please. ambition, Bengals...etc.

sorry. i had to say it.

Aaron said...

sorry about ambitions.

bengals was intentional, bungals is when they're bad.

Anonymous said...

The problem with this commercial is they oversimplify things - "The budget? Balance it!". They don't say how. They also don't say what they're going to cut to give us clean water, or if they would have to raise taxes.